New Hope High School has been accredited
New Hope High School Believes…
- Our mission is to provide a safe environment, where teachers educate, parents partner, instruction varies, and students succeed.
- All students can learn.
- Students learn in different ways and should be provided with a variety of instructional approaches to support their learning.
- Each student is a valued individual with unique physical, social, emotional, and intellectual needs.
- A student’s self esteem is enhanced by positive relationships and mutual respect among and between students and staff.
- A safe and physically comfortable environment promotes student learning.
SACS Report 2008
- The 2008 external review of New Hope High School was held April, 2008.
- The team, led by an AdvancED certified team chair, is comprised of professionals from outside the school. Below is a summary of their report.
Requirements for Accreditation
- Meet the AdvancED Standards for Quality Schools
- Engage in continuous improvement
- Demonstrate quality assurance through internal and external review
Commendations for New Hope High School:
- Maintains a clean, attractive, safe, and orderly environment
- Establishes a sense of school pride that permeates the school community
- Utilizes the faculty senate for shared school governance
- Employs and retaining a highly qualified, compassionate, and dedicated
faculty that strives to meet the individual needs of students
Recommendations for New Hope High School:
- Organize the structure to ensure equitable distribution of responsibilities,
duties, and assignments
- Eliminate practices and procedures that interfere with instructional time
- Evaluate technology use for instruction and administration
- Expand elective courses, especially for the non-college bound
After the full report has been evaluated by all interested stockholders, plans will be developed to implement the suggestions. NHHS has two years to submit a report detailing progress on the team’s recommendations. By continually
participating in the SACS evaluation and accreditation process, NHHS remains committed to the process of ongoing school Improvement