Currently the School Nurse for Caledonia Middle and High School
I have been working at Caledonia for 3 years. I have worked as a school nurse for over 15 years.
My roles as a school nurse are:
Assess and evaluate students’ overall health
Reduce students’ health-related absenteeism
Eliminate or minimize health problems that impair learning.
Reduce or prevent health problems through education.
Help students to achieve the highest degree of independent functioning.
- Provide information and referral for health/emotional concerns
- Provide health services for specific students according to physicians orders
- Provide assessment, triage and care of sick and injured students and staff
- Administer medications according to physician orders
- Provide education on a variety of health topics to students, families and staff
My goal as a school nurse is to promote a safe and healthy environment for students that is optimal for learning while also encouraging and teaching students to become life-long managers and advocates for their own health and wellness.