* The school day at Caledonia Elementary begins everyday at 7:50 a.m. There is not adult supervision on campus until 7:15 a.m. Students are encouraged not to arrive at school until 7:15 a.m and they will not be allowed in the school building prior to this time.
*Car riders will dismiss at 2:50 p.m.
*Early release Wednesday at 2:00 p.m.
* The admission requirements link above list all the requirements of all students entering the Lowndes County School System.
* Your child may eat breakfast each morning beginning at 7:20 a.m. in the school cafeteria. Breakfast ends each morning at 7:50 a.m. and your child is to report to their classroom. Please look at the school menu that is sent home with your child each month to discuss with your child what he/she may want for lunch on a particular day.
* Students who arrive to school after 7:50 are tardy and must check in at the office and be issued a tardy slip. Students will not be allowed to enter the classroom without the required tardy slip.
5th Week Progress Reports
|August 3 – Oct. 5, 2016||Sept. 8, 2016||Oct. 20, 2016|
|Oct. 6– Dec. 16, 2016||Nov. 10, 2016||Jan. 5, 2017|
|Jan. 3 – Mar. 8, 2017||Feb. 9, 2017||Mar. 23, 2017|
|Mar. 9 – May 19, 2017||April 20, 2017||May 19, 2017|
* The Grading System used is as follows:
First – Fifth Grade
A Excellent 94-100
B Above Average 85-93
C Average 75-84
D Below Average 70-74
F Below Standard Below 70
Students who make all A’s during a grading period will be placed on the Superintendent’s List. All students who make A’s and/or B’s during a grading period will be placed on the Principal’s List. Kindergarten students will receive a progress report each grading period.
* Parents are asked to call or come by the school office to schedule a conference with a teacher during non-instructional hours. Our teachers need to use the school day to provide instruction and perform school duties and will not be allowed to hold parent conferences during the instructional school day.
* If your child needs to receive prescribed medication while at school, we ask that you come by the school to fill out a medication permission slip. The school will not dispense medication without the completed medication permission slip. Medication will be dispensed ONLY from the office. If you have any questions please contact the school nurse, Casey Clark.
All educational records are protected by the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) and shall not be shared with anyone unless that person has a right to know.